Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesdays are for Knitting

It is Tuesday, which means knitting night with the girls. Emmy, Traci, Kidron, Kat and I meet every Tuesday night at Bianchi's for knitting, girl talk and libations -- not necessarily in that order. We met at a Hattiesburg Craft Mafia interest meeting about six months ago hosted by the lovely Lhay of Avalon Sewing Co. Though a local craft mafia never made it off the ground, it did bring together this fabulous group of Tuesday night knitters. I love these girls.

Tonight we had a new member join us. Emmy's friend James came in after the picture session. I hope he returns. He is absolutely adorable, and really fits in well with the group. We had a great time drinking beers and gabbing. It amazes me how much we all talk when we are together. It is incredible that any of us ever get any work done on our individual projects. But we have a great time.

I put aside the knitting needles tonight and started one of the projects from my to do list tonight. My friend Jen is moving into her new house this week, so I am working on some embroidered kitchen towels for a house-warming gift. I sketched a vase and flowers on some card stock, then traced that onto a hand towel to use as an embroidery pattern. Jen's kitchen is orange with cream and black tile. I found these great towels at Ross for $2. I am doing the embroidery in black. I will post pictures of the finished product soon.

Well, I have to get to work early in the morning. So that is it for tonight.

No comments: