Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Random drives and lovely finds

Has it been a week already? I can't believe that much time has passed since my last post. But I have done a lot since then. And I have one partly finished project to show off. One of Jen's tea towels is complete. The others are still WIPs.

Our weekend was full of drives to random little Mississippi towns. But my heavens, did we find some treasures. On Saturday Brad, Graham and I went to this weird little store in Ellisville called Shirley's Discount. The store takes up one whole block and features clothes, home decor, furniture, fake flowers, and other miscellany. My favorite section was the fabric and notions portion in the very back corner. They had a limited but quality selection of fabric priced from $1 to $7 per yard. I was in heaven. I bought some linen for just $1.99 per yard. I think I am going to make some pretty overalls for Graham and maybe a skirt for myself.

We spent about an hour in Shirley's just looking around. Of course Graham charmed all of the little ladies within about two minutes. And Brad was his usual incredible self, wrangling the almost-two-year-old while Mommy drooled over fabric and pawed through the button box. Ahhhhhh... Button box....

Sunday was another great day of driving. We ended up in Purvis at The Flower Bed Nursery. Hubby's blog goes into more detail. I will just tempt you with two pictures.

Horton and

The Whos.
Horton and The Whos.
Now if that isn't a band name, it should be.

1 comment:

hesira said...

The fabric you found looks lovely! I'll have to get on the road and check this place out. My boys don't like random drives....a true sadness in my life.

Graham is so adorable! You know he was charming those ladies!