Monday, March 31, 2008

First post


So, this is my first post. I have been a blog lurker for quite some time now - cruising all kinds of crafty blogs like How About Orange, The Purl Bee, Lazy Jane and others. I spent countless hours just looking at all the pretty things these folks create. Well, I am done looking. I am ready to start doing.

I really started this blog as a kind of accountability tool for myself. A kind of "to do" list. A place where I can set goals for myself, track my progress, and show off finished projects. You see, I figure that if I have to write down what I have done on a daily or even weekly basis, I will be shamed into actually doing something with myself besides watching TV or going to bed early. So, Blog, keep me on track!

For now I will list some projects that are on my to do list:
1) embroidered onesie for Clara
2) embroidered dish towels for Jen's new house
3) finish my first sweater
4) finish birdie purse
5) make pillow covers for daybed
5) recover the short couch

And now for some projects that I recently finished:
1) learned how to knit
2) knitted scarf for Jennifer
3) knitted short scarf for me
4) finished grey and red scarf
5) finished Brad's scarf

Well that's it. Now I just need to figure out this whole blog layout thing and we will be in business!

1 comment:

hesira said...

Hiya Cutie Monkey! I love your blog title, and your first post is great. I'm glad you decided to come out of lurkdom.